Managing Upward: A One Day Workshop for Experienced Product Managers
Cohosted by Brainmates and Rich Mironov
Where: Brainmates, Level 6 / 100 Clarence St, Sydney, Australia
When: 1 March 2018, 8:45am – 5:00 pm
Cost: $995 AUD, register here
This interactive workshop on managing upward will help product managers improve their understanding and skills for working (upward) with their executives. We will frame the main challenges for company executives, then look at specific tools/techniques that product managers can use to drive decisions/strategies.
Attendees will start the day identifying their own “managing upward” challenges, and the group will vote up which issues to tackle during the day. Perennial topics include:
- Why managing upward is an essential product management skill
- Addressing interrupts and too many requests, given a limited engineering team
- Executive listening/learning styles
- Product portfolio investment models versus feature factories
- Validating customer problems before adopting proposed solutions
- Building trust with Engineering and other key organizations
- Helping define the limits/boundaries of your product management role
Attendees should currently be experienced product managers or leaders of product management teams. The day will be highly interactive, so come prepared to share insights and argue about approaches.
All attendees will receive a copy of Rich Mironov’s “The Art of Product Management.”
About Brainmates: Founded in 2004, Brainmates provides professional Product Management and Marketing training and consulting throughout Australia. Using repeatable and flexible frameworks, Brainmates helps clients deliver products to market that customers love.