What: DevOpsChat (live Twitter chat) with Rich Mironov, hosted by David Daly
Topic: Why DevOps should matter to Product Managers, and how Product Managers can support DevOps
When: January 19th, 8pm GMT / Noon PT / 3PM ET
David Daly organizes #DevOpsChat, hosting doers and thinkers from within the DevOps community. In this segment, we focused on ties between product managers and DevOps teams, how product managers can (should) champion DevOps work as part of their overall support of great engineering, and the organizational challenges this raises for product execs.
Questions we prepared in advance:
- Does Product Management play an important role in software development and, if so, why?
- How much does a Product Manager need to know about how a software product is developed, deployed and maintained?
- Should a Product Manager care about DevOps?
- If you’re using a DevOps approach, how will the Product Manager be involved?
- What is the biggest thing a Product Manager can do to support a transition to DevOps?
- What is the biggest benefit of DevOps for a Product Manager?
The full chat is here, in reverse chron. Plus, we did a pre-chat video to spark ideas and questions, below (36 minutes).