Rich joined Product Tank Des Moines/Ames for an “Ask Me Anything” session on working with sales and executives — ensuring they have the appropriate input without undue influence over product decisions.
We touched on:
- What do we mean by ‘enterprise’?
- Sales people do what we pay them to do (not necessarily what we want them to do)
- Suggestions for B2B product people getting access to current customers for research discussions (when Sales isn’t excited about this)
- Shifting from sales-led feature wish lists product-led market value
- Why pricing/packaging should live in Product rather than in Sales
Some audio issues at my end with the recording, but here it is…