I was honored to join Cindy Solomon’s Product Management Talk podcast series on April 16th. Co-hosted by Adrienne Tan and Nick Coster, we had a lively conversation about Galvanizing The Product Management Career Path.
We had an energetic conversation on #prodmgmt career and organizational issues, with live listeners tweeting in their comments. Topics included:
- Taking more credit for what we do, rather than hanging back to focus attention on Engineering and Marketing. (Thanks, @lmckeogh )
- How soon after founding a start-up needs a product manager (at twelve to fifteen employees?) and how founders have to play PM in the meantime. (Thanks, @roadmapwarrior )
- Finding the energy for long-term career planning despite day-to-day exhaustion
- Agile product owners and agile product managers
- The need to provide product vision, not just daily management (Thanks, @liz_blink )
We also gave away some digital copies of “The Art of Product Management.”
Listen to the full podcast here.