- The volume of product waste caused by bad product decisions (which I guesstimate at half of all projects)
- Roadmap amnesia, the process by which executives forget their priorities when presented with shiny new ideas and opportunities
- The critical need for product people to speak the language of business: They must explain and defend their priorities in terms of revenue and profit. Nothing else reliably moves the other execs.
- The central role of product management in making those business arguments
- How you can use small measurable wins and business coalitions to reduce the problem
Transcript is here: about 6800 words, and some rambling bits from me since this was live discussion rather than carefully edited writing.